Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Crap Web Hosting

I have spent hours watching videos and reading ebooks to work out how to put a wordpress blog onto all my adsense sites. Theory is done and so onto the practical. Would you believe it - my web hosting package does not support MySQL......

I queried this with my hosts who told me that their 'expert plan' does not include MySQL. However for another large amount of money I can upgrade to have 6 SQL databases on my account. So using my best Queens English I told them where to go.

Now I'm in the market for a new web host. I have found a few but no descision has yet to be made. if anybody has any suggestions or ideas please let me know.

I spoke to one company who told me that my domain name was locked to the other company. What a bloody cheek. I paid for that domain and the buggers have locked it so I'm going to have to go back and get them to release it.


The funny thing is, that this company that is causing me so much trouble heads the top ten list of Web Hosts. Calls itself IX Web Hosting. No recommendation from me.

No comments:

JenSense - Making Sense of Contextual Advertising